Monday, August 6, 2012

Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name


I want to first say that my character profiles are going to remain mostly spoiler free. I know a lot of people might be clicking on this from the "Sticks" section and I am hoping to inspire them to watch the show and/or read the books (this includes Saucer). The last thing I want to do is blab everything that happens! There are so many great surprises. I may create another page where people can talk freely about everything. Oh, and I haven't even finished "A Dance With Dragons" yet anyway.


So, I chose Ms. Targaryen as my first blog entry. I will start by addressing her by her full title:

Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons.

In addition to this, she has many other nicknames, but to make things easier I will just call her Dany! Such a simple all-American name. I like Dany and I like Emilia Clarke who plays her in the show.


Just look how purdy she is! I think the series did a wonderful job with casting her and the actress is super cool in interviews and truly seems to embrace her character and you can tell she is a fan of the books.

Reasons to love Dany: She is kind, brave, fair, beautiful, has a million names....and DRAGONS! Basically, she is perfect.

Watch her eat the hell out of that horse heart here:




I mean, that's pretty awesome (and she didn't throw up once).

Reasons to hate Dany: I don't know, why don't you go ask poor Viserys!

Besides that, Dany's chapters can be a bit tiresome and I want to see her DO SOMETHING already besides hang out in all these lands beyond the Narrow Sea. I want her to interact with some of my other favorites. To be fair, I am not that far into the 5th book and she may have done this. I will update once I finish the book.

Drogo: Okay, maybe one of the main reasons I love Dany is her relationship with the mighty Khal Drogo. They are so romantic! She is totally that mythical girl who can change a bad boy. Well, sort of. He is nice to her anyways. I mean "Moon of My Life" "Sun and Stars"..it's like dialogue from the cheesiest romance novel ever! But they pull it off. Maybe because it's mostly said in Dothraki, the made up language of love. Plus Drogo is H.O.T.! Jason Momoa is a stallion (quite literally in this show).



Awww they are seriously the cutest couple of the Dothraki Sea! And probably Westeros too. Which brings me to the final section of my character profile. I thought it would be fun (and probably extremely dorky) to put our favorite ASOIAF characters in a high school setting. What would they be like in a modern day high school. And when I say "modern day" I am going by when I personally went to high school (which is probably more like the dark ages). So here it goes!

High School: Dany would totally be the incoming freshman who was absolutely stunning and all the older girls were jealous of her. She wouldn't even realize that all the guys wanted to date her and all the girls wanted to be her. And some of more jealous girls would want to destroy her. But most people wouldn't think that. Even if they were super jealous, it would be hard not to like Dany. Plus, she would be dating the meanest (but hottest) drug dealer in the school district. So you wouldn't want to mess with her anyway. Oh, she would also be in the 4H club raising baby animals and also be the class president. Well, she WILL be class president after she makes sure the current one is thrown out of office!

So those are my ramblings on Daenerys Targaryen. I hope you enjoyed it! I am starting with the major characters, but I will do the minor ones too. My goal is to give everyone their own post!

~Beddee







2 comments:

  1. You forgot "breaker of chains"in the title lol. Its a lot to keep up with but I really enjoyed your work here

    ReplyDelete