Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas and Zombies

Well the Christmas season is upon us and I have found just what I am looking for in a gift (hint, hint)! Check out these little joyous creatures that I saw on the HBO website!



How freaking cool are these guys?!! Well, except for that White Walker..that is weird and scary. Just like the real White Walkers! Speaking of zombies..well, zombie-like creatures anyway..I have a confession to make! I have taken a hiatus from A Dance With Dragons to read World War Z, which is about a zombie apocalypse. The good news is that I am flying through it and will be back to ADWD in no time at all. Maybe. I seriously don't know what the hell is wrong with me and why I can't get through this book. I am an admittedly slow reader, but I couldn't put down the first four ASOIAF. But I just can't seem to do it. It's not like it's not good. It's no A Storm of Swords or anything, but all my favorite characters are back and I should be tearing though it. But it's just kind of at a lull and nothing really seems to be happening. My beloved Tyrion is on the run and Dany is being reaaaaal boring in Meereen. Seriously, that girl has dragons and she is not really doing much of anything! I am sure it will get better. Well, maybe. I have spoiled myself on some of it and it seems like other reviewers agree with me. I still want to read it all though. I think I just need a break!

So back to World War Z. O.M.G.! What a fun read! I actually chose to read this book for a couple reasons. Yes, I know it's being made into a movie starring Brad Pitt, but that's not the reason. Although I will be seeing it (of course). I actually got a belated birthday present from my coworkers. They gave me a $25.00 gift card from Barnes and Noble and I was super happy! Now, I usually do all my reading on my Kindle (where ADWD currently awaits me). But with this card, I figured I might go crazy and buy an actual book book. One with pages and stuff! I usually only read fantasy/sci fi books. I am just drawn to that genre and am usually disappointed when I stray away. So I was looking for a good distraction, but not a whole series. So I did some researching and voila!


I am very happy with this book so far. It reads like a documentary of a zombie war. It's very exciting and feels very current. Since the world is going to end in less in a month..duh!! LOL Just kidding, I totally don't believe that at all. And anyway, I wouldn't want to be one of the survivors of an apocalypse. It's too much trouble and I am not very tough. I would want to go out with the masses at the beginning! So I would totally be one of the zombies in this case. But zombies really don't seem hard to kill. Kind of like orcs in Lord of the Rings. Seriously, even I could kill an orc judging from what I've seen!

I think this one went to my high school

Well, that's all I have for tonight folks. I have to run to King Soopers for some food for the next couple of days. I am in a week-before-I-get-paid apocalypse and it's not pretty. Hopefully an Orc/Zombie/White Walker won't get me in the parking lot! Until next time!

~Beddee






No comments:

Post a Comment