Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Post Holiday Update (Movie Reviews Included)

Well Christmas is over and I am sort of relieved! Christmas sucks when you are broke, but that's a post for another day. It also doesn't fit in with the theme of this blog! But I am ready to put away the poinsettas and lights and get back to normal. I even went for a run tonight because I have been eating like a damn hobbit lately! But I hope everyone's Christmas was fun. Mine was even with the lack of funds. It's great having a young nephew and niece to watch open presents. Plus I think I talked my nephew into reading The Hobbit! Yay! I think he will like it. It was a white Christmas here in the Rocky Mountain region. I ran into some icy weather driving home on I-25 on Christmas Eve. It was awful! But I channeled the Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf on my own "unexpected journey"! I got us all home nice and safe and for that I am grateful! I am on a sort-of vacation too. I had four days off but I am back at work for three days. Then I get another four days off because I took off for NYE! Woo hoo!

I did go to the movies AGAIN over the holiday weekend. I saw This Is 40 and Django Unchained. Both were good movies that ran on a tad too long. LOL this coming from the girl who could watch all three LOTR along with The Hobbit and be perfectly fine! This Is 40 was really funny, but I cannot STAND that Leslie Mann lady. I know she is married to Judd Apatow and all, but ugh. I just find her totally annoying! But Paul Rudd has my heart so it was all worth it.

Dreamboat
 
Saucer would also be interested in knowing that some of her beloved Flyers have a cameo in the movie. Of course, they are flirting with Leslie Mann and Megan Fox. But it was still a fun little scene!
 
I saw Django Unchained  on Christmas Day. Yes, a Tarantino movie on Christmas! But at least I didn't bring a small child with me. Unlike a certain couple who was there. Seriously! Who brings a damn baby to a Quentin Tarantino movie. On Christmas no less! It was annoying, but at least the kid didn't scream and cry or anything. Just crawled around on the dirty ass movie theater floor. Oh and also, some random dude came and sat directly next to my boyfriend like 20 minutes into the movie when there were other seats available! And then he started texting! I couldn't believe my eyes. This is why I normally go to movies at night. I am all about the late showing even if I am a bit tired the next day. Not as many rude idiots are there. So some of my attention was diverted, but the movie was awesome. Though very violent. I LOVE Quentin T. movies, I really do. This one probably isn't one of my favorites, but I would totally recommend it. Some of it was just too much for me. But there was one scene with Jonah Hill that was one of the most hilarious things I have seen in a long time. I will leave it at that! Oh and with a picture of the ultra talented Leo D and Jaime F.
 
Hell Yeah!
 
I also rented a couple of Redbox movies. I am really liking Redbox again. For awhile, they pissed me off, but now they have some cool choices. I live in a small town, so a lot of the independent movies I want to see never come to the theaters here. We either have to drive at least an hour to see them or wait until they are On Demand which is a super rip-off. But Redbox has been getting more of them so it's way cool. We got three movies and I will briefly review them.
 
Butter: I honestly liked this one even though my Entertainment Weekly called it one of the worst of the year. I have personally seen WAY worse with my own two eyes. But whatever. I was entertained the whole time. It was about a butter carving contest in a small town. It had a cool cast and I enjoyed it.
 

The Amazing Spiderman: Yes, this is NOT an independent movie and I already saw it this summer. But we wanted to see it again so we Redboxed it. Aww, I love this Spiderman!
 
Beddee Likes Spidee!
 
Liberal Arts: This was my least favorite movie that I watched even though it wasn't terrible. It was just pretentious and I hate that. It had Elizabeth Olsen in it and I am really liking her as an actress. She plays a college aged girl who falls for a 35 year old dude. The dude is super annoying. She is as well, but at least she can blame it on being 19. He cannot do this and is just really lame. But I think he is supposed to be? I don't know, sometimes these independent films confuse me.
 
So that's it! Beddee watches a lot of movies huh? I am still reading World War Z and have almost finished it. I am so slow, but I get so distracted when I read! I will review it when I am done. And then I am probably going back to epic fantasy. Until then!
 
~Beddee
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment